Gosh darn it’s hard to get back to posting on this blog! It’s been tough with the family commitments over the holidays, and ramping back into school with the kindergartner. However, I have been able to maximize my minimal playing time with the obsidium/elementium shuffle and Transmute: living elements. These process is widely available on the internethers, but results will vary based on your server, time you log on, and when you purchase and sell on the auction house.
Seriously, I have been making boatloads of gold with these two quick processes. Now, not gold-capped type of gold; I only have about 15-20 minutes a day to do this, so there are MANY markets that I am not taking advantage of. First of all, these are the tools I have at my disposal: auctioneer, auctionator, and the mobile AH (yes, it’s $2.99/mo). That’s it. Obviously you don’t NEED these tools, but they help me automate a little bit more of the process and to take advantage of opportunistic times to buy and sell.
Step 1: Buy elementium or obsidium ore…lots of it! Servers will vary, but I can reliably buy dozens of stacks at 80G or less. Sometimes it actually dips down to less than 60G/stack like it did last weekend…boy did I lap it up. See, you’ll never have to worry about losing money on it if stacks are around 60G or less because of the vendored value of cut uncommon gems. Each stack will prospect to an average of 6 uncommon gems. These uncommons, if cut, can be vendored at 9G x 6 = 54 G. So, this is the theoretical market price floor of the ore. God forbid, if you EVER see it cheaper than 54G/stack, you have some idiots on your server.
Step 2: Prospect, prospect, prospect!!!
Step 3: Do your market research to determine how best to craft and sell your wares. If can maximize your profit if you have access to an enchanter. I have an alt enchanter that I mail mats to DE. Anyway, this is how I process my gems to maximize profit:
- carnelians – I craft into Carnelian Spikes and DE with an alt. I’ve been getting an average of 2 Greater Celestial Essences per weapon, plus some lessers and Hypnotic Dust. The GCEs sell for 40-50G on my server, thus each weapon’s DE value is 80-100G, not including the additional mats I mentioned. This is also a value I use to watch for purchasing Carnelians. Since it takes 3 of these to craft the spikes, I’ll purchase the carnelians outright if they are <20G each, since the production cost will be <60G; it’s just sweet icing on top!
- jaspers – I used to make Jasper rings and DE them, but dusts are down to 7G and less on my server, so now I’ve been holding onto my jaspers, and selling them in stacks of 3 when the JC daily comes up. I can usually sell them for about 20G each, as opposed to the DE value of around 12G.
- hessonites – sell in stacks of 3 when the daily comes up. The JC ring requires 2 of these, so DE isn’t as profitable on my server as just selling the raws
- alicites – the raws are down to 10G each, so I do craft the necklace that requires 2 gems, DE the greens, and try and sell the blues for which I usually get 50-100G
- zephyrites – sell in stacks of 3 when the daily comes up.
- nightstones – probably the highest valued raw uncommon on my server. I sell these in stacks of 3 when the JC daily comes up, and I routinely sell them at 50G per gem!
- Fire Prism: This is NOT profitable, but I did create 3 of these just to level my JC to 525. It takes 3 of each of 6 uncommons, and usually only produces 2-3 rare gems.
- Shadowspirit Diamonds: Although it is most profitable for me to do the above, I do have an alchemist, so I occasionally transmute my uncommon gems into 2 Shadowspirit Diamonds to either sell raw (can be over 200G each!) or to cut into one of 2 current meta gem patterns I have. My alchemist is transmute-specced, but I have yet to see a proc of more than 2 diamonds. The Ember and Chaotic sell for around the same 200G, although not as regularly as the raw diamond itself.
- Enchants: One enchant is selling very well: Enchant Chest – Mighty Stats. It requires 2 lesser celestial essences and typically sells for 70-100G. However, this enchant cannot be flooded onto the market, so I can’t make a ton of them. I make several at a time and reap the profits.
Rare gems – I typically just horde these and cut 3 of each color for the patterns I have already. I get about 100G per Bold Inferno that I cut, but all other patterns bring in around 30G per..not very lucrative, but money nonetheless.
This process above can take me 15-20 minutes per day. If I had more time, I would just be making more money!
As I mentioned, I do have an alchemist. I have parked her level 80 booty at the Ramkahen Inn in Uldum, and now that there is a mailbox there, it makes it so easy to do this. I simply purchase Volatile Life with this toon on my iPhone mobile AH (when I’m at work, or just out), and when I’m home, I simply log on, retrieve the Volatile Life, transmute it to Volatile Air (being present in Uldum forces this specific product), and log off. I later sell the air from the mobile AH. All in all, I purchase 15 lifes for an average of 150G, and sell 15 airs for an average of 450G, which is a 300G per day profit for about 2 minutes of “work.” It’s definitely my best gold/min strat, but because of the CD, is limited to once a day. However, I’ve been doing this for about a month now, and it adds up. That’s 30 days x 300G = 9000G without even trying.
Crap, I just wasted some gold-making time…back at it!